The Yeomen of the Guard
Gilbert & Sullivan
Colonel Fairfax, sentenced to die in an hour on a false charge of sorcery, marries Elsie Maynard, a strolling singer. But then he escapes, causing complications. At the end Elsie's boyfriend, Jack Point, dies of a broken heart. Or does he? The nearest that Gilbert and Sullivan working together came to grand opera. (Summary taken from the Gilbert and Sullivan archive.)
Tickets are now available! Go to http://gsp.mit.edu/reservations to reserve yours today!
About our production: September 1940. Under the relentless blitzkrieg of German bombers, everyday life around the Tower of London is threatened daily. In a new exploration of the Gilbert and Sullivan classic The Yeomen of The Guard, Londoners prove they can “Make Do And Mend” no matter the cost. Featuring Sullivan’s grandest score and Gilbert’s razor sharp wit, Yeomen jibes and jokes while offering a glimpse into how much we are willing to sacrifice for a cause.
Sala de Puerto Rico
- May 5, 2017, 8 p.m.
- May 6, 2017, 8 p.m.
- May 7, 2017, 2 p.m.
- May 11, 2017, 8 p.m.
- May 12, 2017, 8 p.m.
- May 13, 2017, 2 p.m.
- Producer: Sara Haugland
- Props Designer: Emma Brown
- Assistant Producer: Phil Arevalo (G)
- Director: Cailin Doran
- Music Director: Lorraine Fitzmaurice
- Stage Manager: Kathryn Jiang
- Set Designer: Nathaniel Koven
- Orchestra Manager: Rossana Chung
- Lighting Designer: Jason Rosenman
- Assistant Lighting Designer: Elena Sokoloski
- Master Electrician / Light Board Operator: Mike Bromberg ('70)
- Technical Director: Rebecca Graber (W '11)
- Costume Designer: Alison Balis
- Publicity Manager: Nick Stevens
- Jack Point: Scott Ballantine
- Elsie Maynard: Meghan Jolliffe
- Colonel Fairfax: Felix Tomlinson
- Phoebe Meryll: Elise Roth
- Wilfred Shadbolt: Tyler Crosby
- Sergeant Meryll: Bill Barnert
- Dame Carruthers: Kitty Drexel
- Leonard Meryll: Timothy Ayres-Kerr
- Lieutenant : Allyn Hunt
- Kate: Kate Eckard
- Men's Chorus: Catherine Boger, Brie Frame ('05), John Hanley, Lev Kandel
- Women's Chorus: Elyssa Bjorkman, Deborah Gaz (W '98), Sara Jackson, Suzanne Mills, Laura Peras, Elizabeth Sterling, Stephanie Wooler
- Elsie (cover): Elyssa Bjorkman
- Fairfax (cover): Timothy Ayres-Kerr
- Phoebe (cover): Sara Jackson